Sunday 27 February 2011

26/Feb/2011 Random thoughts

Haven't really thought about a topic for today yet, maybe just talk about something random?

In a few months, I will finish the second year of my university study, which is quite sad because I will probably be going on a placement year, or if not, I will be going on third year. Either ways, I won't be able to see most of the people I am seeing now and my life will get much busier, I think my life is already very busy now. 

In fact, we don't spend much time in class, which I think is so different from China. I was never a university student in China, nor have I finished my high school over there. I only have a rough idea about how university life is in China since I have friends over there and also I spent a few months living in a university studying an English course some years ago. 

In China, we spend a lot of hours in classes, but now I can't remember almost anything happened in those hours. What I do remember, is everything happened outside the class. What I mean is that I didn't learn anything from classes. Maybe I was one of the stupid students who had no understanding of knowledge, but what I could work out was that maybe only 5 out of a class of 60 were not stupid students. To anybody in the world, that's not good efficiency. 

So I am glad that I am now studying in the UK, especially for studying a product design course. We do a lot of practical things here, teachers throw us a project, we gonna to work it out ourselves, step by step, from which I have really learned a lot and enjoyed most of the time. 

When I was comparing my work now to what I have done when I was in foundation course, the difference is huge. I can't believe such change can happen on me. I certainly feel that I can produce work in a much more professional manner now than before, even though I am aware that my work is still not professional enough to be real professional. I feel happy about the fact I have actually learned so much during the time I spent in university. 

For this reason I will continue to work hard, maybe even harder, and find a placement in or near Nottingham because I like here. 

One thing though, I don't feel confident when it comes to materials, I know I am supposed to know more about them, but without systematic class I found it hard to actually work on it myself. Self-study is a hard thing for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment