Sunday 9 October 2011

09/Oct/2011

As my final year kicked off, it is time to get cracking. For my final year projects, we were asked to produce only two projects, one minor and one major, so you get the sense of how professionally and carefully they need to be produced.  

We can dream up any brief as we want, or we can go on a design focused website and enter a live competition. 

I have temporarily decided that for my minor project, I will be using a brief from the D&AD Student Awards 2011, to make a range of packaging designs for The Body Shop. However this is not the final call, I can change it until the last minutes, in about two weeks time. 

Still, I have no idea what to do with my major project at the moment, I wanted to do consumer electronic product design, since this is a field I always wanted to work in, but it is dangerous because, for me, it could be easy to find myself following the trend created by Apple half way through the project. Then it won't be creative or innovative, it will just be another Apple-wannabe product and I don't want it to happen.

So a couple of weeks to go before I have to make decisions, serious considerations and proper evaluations are needed, good luck? We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment